New Zealand has been the first choice of tourists worldwide for having tours or business purposes. The atmosphere and natural beauty of New Zealand enchant tourists from far and wide. The lover of natural beauty and beautiful sights can pamper their desire to see the high mountains covered with snow, the snowy field for skating, and beautiful beaches to enjoy sports and musical events. Moreover, the modern cities like Auckland and Wellington are wonderful, and all the facilities like resorts, luxurious hotels famous for its best wines and delicious food, and casinos which make New Zealand is one the best tourist spots in the world. If you wish to make your trip adventurous, enthusiastic, and memorable, you must choose New Zealand.
Since 1st October 2019, the New Zealand Government announced the 60 eligible visa exempt countries that the nationals of these countries need not a tourist visa waiver to transit New Zealand for short term trips up to three months. Ireland is one of them, so Irish citizens are not compelled to obtain a transit visa. Still, they must obtain an New Zealand eTA to the New Zealand Airport Control. The eTA is an electronic travel Authority used for eliminating the need for a tourist visa waiver to get an entry in New Zealand. Applicants pay the application fee and IVL (International visitor conservation and tourism Levy), used for protecting and developing the infrastructure of New Zealand.
As an Irish citizen, you do not require a tourist visa, but an eTA is mandatory to obtain to enter |New Zealand. However, you need to obtain an eTA for New Zealand through applying an application online with a mobile or personal computer from your office or home. After getting approved, it is automatically linked to your passport when you cross the New Zealand Border, must have a print out of the New Zealand eTA to enter, and you need not have passport stamps also. An eTA is valid for two years or the expiry date of the passport, whichever comes first The travelers traveling along with their family members or minors they must apply the eTA application individually for each member.
Cruise passengers should obtain a valid NZeTA just like the travelers arriving in New Zealand by air. However, crew members are advised to apply for a particular eTA, separate from that of tourists. These workers should contact their employer for assistance.
As the Irish citizens, they require to obtain an eTA for traveling New Zealand for multiple short term trips up to ninety business days. An eTA for New Zealand can be easily obtained by submitting an online application using a mobile phone. Irish citizens need to apply an online application form for eTA from Ireland. Before filling the application form, the applicants must ensure to keep the following documents-
- The citizen’s passport is remaining valid for at least 90 days after the extended departure date from the home country.
- The NZeTA application form must be filled correctly and completely.
- A valid credit or debit card to pay the online application and IVL fees.
- A valid email address to receive the approved eTA visa waiver.
- The citizen with dual citizenship must give the passport details of the passport they are going to travel.
- Travelers traveling with family members or minors must apply an eTA individually for each member. The following necessary details must be filled completely, and correctly for the successful approval of the application form, any wrong detail can lead to delay or rejection.
Irish citizens can simply apply and obtain an online New Zealand eTA application using their Smartphone, personal computer, or tablet from their home or office within 10 minutes. The mentioned documents are required to have along with them to avoid inaccuracy while applying the application form. After obtaining an application fill the following details carefully-
- Personal details – Full name, date of birth, address, family details (if traveling with family).
- Passport details – Passport number, nationality, expiry date.
- Health-related information – Intention of receiving medical treatment or consultation in New Zealand.
- Travel plans – Hotels, date of arrival & departure.
- Security details – History of criminal convictions.
- An email address to receive the approved eTA.
- Applicant’s valid credit or debit card to pay the processing charge as well as the IVL fee. After entering the following details in the New Zealand eTA application form and paying the application fee and associate tourist levy (IVL) with a debit or a credit card, the initial application is submitted successfully. In a business day, the NZeTA application would be processed and approved.
Travelers who are willing to travel with their family members must apply an eTA for each member separately. It is very necessary to apply online application form before three days prior to their departure from their country to avoid any hindrance.
Irish citizens can apply an New Zealand eTA application, and it takes only ten minutes for applying the New Zealand eTA form and paying application fee as well as an IVL fee. It takes one or three working days to respond from New Zealand, so the travelers are advised to apply the New Zealand eTA online form at least before three consecutive days that it may get sufficient time for processing. After getting approved, the New Zealand eTA is sent in PDF format to the given email address. Travelers must have a print out of New Zealand eTA along with their passport for crossing the Border Security of New Zealand.
Travelers having dual citizenship should ensure to have the same passport of which details have been given in the online New Zealand eTA application form.