New Zealand is situated in the South-Western Pacific Ocean. Nature has blessed it with most beautiful creations, not only exotic flora and fauna but also the most beautiful landscapes which are only found in New Zealand. As a citizen of Slovakia, you wish to make your trip enthusiastic and memorable. You must choose New Zealand. There are many zoos famous for its beautiful plants, flowers and exotic animals like Hector’s dolphin (the world’s smallest marine dolphin); sea lions (the world’s rarest sea lions); the oldest living genus of reptile (the native tuatara), seals and many other rarest species.
For making your trip full of action and adventure, there are many places to many things like the largest ski area for skiing; Taupo most sought for bungee jumping and many spots for water rafting and skydive; Abel Tasman and Tunnel Beach for every day musical and sporting events and the Whakapapa, the largest ski area for skiing, many lime mountains and many other mountains covered with snow and greenery.
Since 1st Oct. 2019, the Government of New Zealand has announced to make 59 countries along with Slovakia as visa-exempt countries so the citizens of these countries don’t need to acquire a tourist or transit visa to travel New Zealand although they must apply an application online for New Zealand eTA and obtain an approved New Zealand eTA to enter the country. The Government of New Zealand is very caucus for the protection of its environment, so it takes an additional fee as IVL while applying the application.
The Government of New Zealand has exempted 60 eligible countries from the requirement of obtaining a transit or tourist visa; to travel, New Zealand for short term stays up to 90 days for tourism or business purpose. So the travelers of these visa-exempt countries need not require a tourist visa to travel the country. However, an eTA (an Electronic Travel Authority) is mandatory to enter the New Zealand Border. It saves us from the hassles of acquiring a visa from the embassy or consulate. It is valid for only two years or till the expiry date of the passport, whichever falls first. After being approved, it is automatically linked with the traveler’s passport, so the eTA makes the identification of individuals very easy. The eTA also removes the requirement of getting stamps on the Border Security checking The traveler s traveling together with their family members or minors must apply an eTA separately for each member.
The cruise passengers require obtaining a valid New Zealand eTA just like the travelers arriving in The New Zealand Airport. However, crew members need to apply for a particular eTA, separate from that of tourists. These workers must contact their employer for assistance.
An eTA for New Zealand is very easy to obtain. Slovakian citizens have to apply an online application form for eTA from their country. Authentic and complete details are necessary to fill for the approval of the NZeTA. Therefore, before applying the application form; the applicants must have the following documents to avoid any delay-
- The applicant’s passport is remaining valid for at least 90 days after the extended departure date from Slovakia.
- The New Zealand eTA application form online
- A valid credit or debit card to pay the online application and IVL fees
- A valid email address to receive the approved NZeTA visa waiver.
- The citizen having dual citizenship must give the details of the passport they are going to travel.
- Travelers traveling with family members or minors must apply an application for each eTA.
The following necessary details must be given completely and correctly for the successful approval of the application form. Any wrong details can lead to delays or rejection.
A Slovakian citizen can simply obtain and submit an online New Zealand eTA application using their Smartphone, personal computer, or tablet from their home or office within ten minutes. To avoid inaccuracy while applying the application form, firstly the applicants must have the required documents and fill the following details correctly and carefully-
- Personal information – Full name, DOB, address, family details (if traveling with family).
- Passport information – Passport number, nationality, expiry date.
- Health-related information – want to get medical treatment or consultation in New Zealand.
- Travel plans – Hotels, date of arrival & departure.
- Security details – History of criminal convictions.
- An email address to receive the approved New Zealand eTA.
- Valid credit or debit card for paying the application charge as well as the IVL fee. After filling the following information and submitting the New Zealand eTA application form, pay the application fee, and associate tourist levy (IVL) with a debit or a credit card, the initial application is submitted successfully. In a business day, the NZeTA application would be processed and approved.
Travelers who are willing to travel along with their family members or minors must apply an eTA for each member separately. It is very necessary to apply online application form before three days prior to their departure from their country to avoid any delay.
Slovakian citizens must apply an New Zealand eTA application and pay the application fee as well as the IVL fee. It takes one or three working days to respond from New Zealand, so the applicants should apply the NZeTA online form at least before three consecutive days that it may get proper time for processing. After getting approved, the NZeTA sent in PDF format to the given email address. Travelers are to have a print out of NZeTA along with their passport for crossing the Border Security identification.
Travelers acquiring dual citizenship must have the same passport, which details have been filled in the online New Zealand eTA application form.